The team of adult leaders at Focus have an incredible honour to serve the children and take this responsibility very seriously.
There are many ways you can serve at Focus, including kitchen worker, children’s group leader, musician, odd jobs person and many other important roles – we are so grateful for each one as a vital part of making Focus happen.
To be an adult leader you need to be:
- Serious about your relationship with God and desiring to grown more in Him.
- Actively involved with your church family and serving them in some capacity.
- Willing to serve the team in whichever jobs need doing
- A good team player
- A good role model to the children and teenagers
- Respectful and kind
- Prepared to get ‘stuck in’ with enthusiasm
- Committed to the leaders weekend and any resources/activities we may ask you to prepare in advance
- Ready to give rather than take, with the understanding that your role is to bless the delegates
- Responsible and able to make wise and safe decisions for the good of the children
- Prepared to seek God yourself for the delegates and be ready to pour out from the depth of your own relationship with Him.
*You will also need a DBS check to be completed through Focus so we will help you with this process if you are accepted.
Adult Leader applications are only accepted on the basis of a reliable character reference confirming these qualities from your church leader who can confirm these qualities and your serving of your own church family. Please note that having been an adult leader in the past does not necessarily guarantee a place on the team - if the Focus team feel that you have not shown these qualities or been a blessing to the camp in the past we will give preference to those who have done.
The deadline for adult leader applications is 18th May - you can expect to hear from us by the end of June as to whether or not you have a space on the team.